Consultations with our bariatric team are a great opportunity for you to confidentially discuss your weight and your goals for reducing it.
We will sensitively listen to everything you tell us as well as taking medical history, so that we can give you the most appropriate advice on weight loss strategies.
The consultation process includes:
- Consultation with fully trained medical expert
- Discussion of your general health
- Medical history, so that we can give you the most relevant information and advice
- Height and weight measurement
- Calculation of BMI (body mass index)
- Discussion about your weight
- Any weight related issues (e.g. diabetes, sleep apnoea)
- Appropriate recommendation on weight loss strategies, whether that’s surgery such as the gastric band or a non-surgical option such as the gastric balloon
- Information on the procedure and recovery
- Guidance as to pre-op and post-op diet
- Information on how your diet will have to change after surgery
It isn’t just about the medical issues. Our consultations include assessment of the impact your weight has on your daily life and sense of well-being, discussion of your weight gain history and what weight loss you are trying to achieve, as well as why. You may be looking to slim for an occasion, for work prospects or due to health issues – we want to understand your situation fully so that we can give the best possible and most realistic advice.
There’s no obligation and it’s absolutely confidential, so do take advantage of a consultation and learn how you could change your weight.
What Happens Next?
After your initial consultation, the next step is up to you. We will have given you plenty of information to think about. There is no obligation to move forward if you are not ready. However, if you wish to proceed to the next stage, then we can review your suitability for surgery and discuss dates.
Contact Us for Your Initial Consultation
To arrange your initial weight loss surgery consultation, please contact us.